Run 1 mile
We are hosting Games viewing party Saturday after the 10 am class. Bring some snacks and hang out a while.
From A Gym Life
Nothing to explain here just read the list and pick tips that resonate with you. Then implement the idea(s) and get better at CrossFit (and life). That’s it!
How to get better at CrossFit (in no particular order):
1. Gear up. Get oly shoes, some inov-8s or nano’s, a speed rope, some wrist wraps, and some good workout clothes
2. Lift heavy weights regularly. Don’t just stay in comfortable 70% zones. Push your limit…which leads perfectly to 3…
3. Use a spotter and FAIL. If you aren’t missing reps you aren’t training hard enough. Period.
4. Work Mobility ALOT. Before, After, During
5. Take your training seriously. Always strive to become better.
6. Don’t take your training too seriously. Give yourself a break.
7. Train with others. It’s just better.
8. Show up no matter what. If you aren’t in the mood here’s what you do: 1. walk to your car and drive to the Box. 2. Figure the rest out later.
9. Try to fast before you train. ‘Needing’ to eat before, during, or after training is bulshit hype pushed on us from the bodybuilding/supplement industry. When you switch your metabolism over to training without food you will PR more often and feel awesome in general. You’ll want to send me a thank you card…you’re welcome.
10. Don’t throw your barbell or any other equipment. It’s just douchey.
To continue reading, click here.